17.07.2017

Salvaged Boat




It's time for a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
This week we want to challenge you to 
GET IN SHAPE
Which means we skip flat, square and rectangle projects and
spread our wings searching shapes, 3D projects, boxes, etc. 

As always you could be a winner of a $50 voucher and spend it
in the greatest Simon Says Stamp Store


I was thinking several days of what shapy I could make and my first idea 
was an exploding box but then a boat crossed my mind 
and I decided to challenge myself and make it for the first time. 
Since I just LOVE all the nautical projects, nothing could stop me :-)
Below the main picture you will see a step by step photos. Enjoy!


A year ago I brought this kind of sticks from my seaside holidays.
I knew they will be used for something one day. 
So I took three of them that I considered as a good shaped for a boat.
I painted them with White Gesso and Picket Fence Paint very slightly.
I only wanted to brighten them a little bit but not to cover them.  


I cut two pieces of sails from White Primed Canvas 
and made holes in the corners for the twine. 
I touched the Mosaic Stencil with 3 colors of Distress Inks 
and sprayed with water. I placed the wet stencil on each of the pieces 
and dried with a towel taking off the excesive moisture. 
Finally I decided to stamp a faux stitches instead of real stitching.


I took a piece of White Felt and cut out a number, colored it with the same Distress Inks and placed on the sail. 


Finally I added some sequins and passed twine through each hole. 
The last step was to glue all the pieces with a heat gun. 
I placed a name of my boat from Quote Chips and colored with Salty Ocean.