12.06.2017

Touchy Feely



Hi everyone and welcome to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
This week the thing is to make a TOUCHY FEELY projects!


Take all your textures od 3D elements and join us ASAP!
Remember you can be a winner of $50 voucher and spend it 
at Simon Says Stamp Store which has a huge quantity of goodies!


Those who know me and my crafting know also that I love textures!
The more uneven surfaces the better. 
I love to make this kind of backgrounds and then see how the colors 
spread and mix on them giving unexpected results. 
This week I have made a tag with a touchy feely background.
See below the steps I have taken to make this project.


Few weeks ago I made a card with frame made with leftovers.
This week I decided to use them again. 
I never throw away leftovers after die cutting in a solid cardboards. 
I love to use negative die-cuts or use pieces for textured backgrounds. 


This time I took some pieces left from Pipelines die-cutting 
and applied them on my tag with Gel Medium. 
I covered all the surface with White Gesso making the last layer 
randomly uneven. Then I applied some Distress Oxides.


I applied also a darker color of Distress Oxide in between the cardboard.
Then I started to color the elements with Prima Oil Pastel Crayons, 
keeping them all in blue shades. Finally I covered all the surface with Opal Magic Yellow-Blue Acrylic Paint to give a nice shine. 


I stamped Artful Flowers and leaves from Spring Flowers on a watercolor paper.
I wanted them to pop-up so colored them with the most vibrant colors I have found in my stash: Candied Apple, Squeezed Orange and Fresh Lime. 


I fussy cut them and placed on my tag adhering with 3D dots.